NESLE COMMUNAL CEMETERY
General Directions: Nesle is a village 20 kilometres south of Peronne. On entering the village from the north along the D35, the Cemetery is signposted and can be easily found on the eastern side.
Nesle was held by the Germans during the early part of the War, and occupied by French and British cavalry on the 18th March, 1917. On the 25th March it was taken by the Germans, after severe fighting with French and British troops; but it was recaptured by the French on the following 28th August. From April to June, 1917, No. 21 Casualty Clearing Station was at Nesle, and the dead from it were buried in a plot near the West corner of the Communal Cemetery, between two German plots. In May, 1918, four British soldiers were buried among these graves.
Casualty Details: UK 135, Total Burials: 135