The village of Morlancourt was a quiet place used by field ambulances in 1916, but at the end of March 1918, it was captured by the Germans. Morlancourt British Cemetery No. 2 contains 56 burials of which 2 are unidentified.
Ville-sur-Ancre Communal Cemetery Extension was begun in August 1918 by the 12th Division Burial Officer, and after the Armistice graves were brought in from the battlefields of the Somme and the Ancre. The cemetery contains 106 U.K. burials of which 54 are unidentified.
Field ambulances used Dernancourt Communal Cemetery for Commonwealth burials from September 1915 to August 1916, and again during the German advance of March 1918. XV Corps Main Dressing Station was formed at Dernancourt in August 1916, when the adjoining Dernancourt Communal Cemetery Extension was opened. Total burials 2,167.
There are now 1,348, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in Péronne Road Cemetery. Of these, 365 are unidentified and special memorials are erected to 26 soldiers from the United Kingdom known or believed to be buried among them.
Longueval Road Cemetery was begun in September 1915, near a dressing station known as "Longueval Alley", or "Longueval Water Point". The cemetery now contains 223 burials and commemorations of the First World War. 47 of the burials are unidentified.
Carnoy Military Cemetery was begun in August, 1915, by the 2nd King's Own Scottish Borderers and the 2nd King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry, when the village was immediately South of the British front line. There are now 854 burials in this cemetery of which 27 are unidentified.
Gordon Cemetery was made by men of the 2nd Gordon Highlanders who buried some of their dead of 1 July in what had been a support trench, together with two artillerymen who died 8 July and an unknown soldier. Total burials 102 of which 5 are unidentified.
Plot I of Gordon Dump Cemetery was made by fighting units after 10 July 1916 and closed in September when it contained the graves of 95 soldiers, mainly Australian. It was called variously Gordon (or Gordon's) Dump Cemetery or Sausage Valley Cemetery, from the name given to the broad, shallow valley that runs down from it to Becourt. The remainder of the cemetery was formed after the Armistice. Total burials 1,676.
The 8th and 9th Battalions of the Devonshire Regiments, which were part of the 7th Division, attacked on 1 July 1916 from a point on the south-west side of Albert-Maricourt road, due south of Mametz village, by a plantation called Mansel Copse. On 4 July they returned this location and established the Devonshire Cemetery, burying their dead in a section of their old front line trench. All but two of the burials belong to these battalions. Total burials 163.
Bazentin-le-Petit Communal Cemetery Extension was begun immediately after the capture of the village and used until December 1916 as a front-line cemetery. It was enlarged after the Armistice when 50 graves were brought in from the battlefields of Bazentin and Contalmaison. Total burials 185.