POIX-DU-NORD COMMUNAL CEMETERY
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 50.19511, Longitude: 3.61001
Poix-du-Nord is a village about 66 kilometres south-east of Lille and 8 kilometres south of Le Quesnoy. This town is also south-east of Lille, and is on the main Valenciennes-Landrecies-Guise road. The Cemetery is on the northern side of the village on the road leading to Ghissignies. There are further burials in the Extension, on the north side of the Communal Cemetery.
Wheelchair access to this site is possible via main entrance.
The village was captured in the latter part of October, 1918, and it has been "adopted" by the Borough of Keighley. The cemetery contains, near the North East corner, the graves of three soldiers from the United Kingdom who fell in or after the capture of the village. Immediately in front of the Cross of Sacrifice in the extension is the grave of an un-identified British airman who fell during the 1939-1945 War.
46386 Private Edgar Boggon, 15th Bn. Durham Light Infantry, died 24th October 1918.
202381 Private C. W. Houghton, 1st Bn. Lincolnshire Regiment, died 23rd October 1918.
6967 Serjeant, R. J. Wishart, C Battery, 78th Brigade, Royal Field Artillery, died 26th October 1918.