Frankfurt Trench British Cemetery
Frankfurt Trench British Cemetery is named from a German trench about 1.6 kilometres North-East of the village, which remained in enemy hands until the German retreat early in 1917. The cemetery was made by the V Corps after that retreat, when their units cleared the Ancre battlefield, and it was known also as V Corps Cemetery No.11. There are 161, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, 34 are unidentified.
Leave a Reply.
Visit our World War Two Blog