Drummond Cemetery, Raillencourt
Drummond Cemetery was made by the Canadian Corps in October 1918. The cemetery was named from Lieut. J R Drummond, R.A.F., who was the first to be buried in it. The cemetery contains 88 Commonwealth burials of the First World War and three German graves.
Mill Switch British Cemetery
The name is due to a switch line from the Cambrai-Douai railway which ran in September 1918, to a large German supply dump on the site of the mill 800 metres North-West of the cemetery. Mill Switch British Cemetery contains 107 burials.
Sucrerie Cemetery, Épinoy
Sucrerie Cemetery, Épinoy contains 100 burials and commemorations of the First World War (mainly 6th York and Lancasters, 5th Dorsets and 11th Manchesters). Five of the burials are unidentified but there is a special memorial to one soldier believed to be buried in one of them.
Grove Town Cemetery
In September 1916, the 34th and 2/2nd London Casualty Clearing Stations were established at this point, known to the troops as Grove Town, to deal with casualties from the Somme battlefields. Grove Town Cemetery contains 1,397 First World War burials.
Méaulte Military Cemetery
Meaulte Military Cemetery contains 311 burials and commemorations of the First World War. 21 of the burials are unidentified but special memorials (three of which are in Row E) are erected to eleven casualties believed to be buried among them.
Bazentin-le-Petit Military Cemetery was begun at the end of July 1916 and used as a front-line cemetery until May 1917. It contains 182 First World War burials, 14 of them unidentified.
Morlancourt British Cemetery No. 1
The village of Morlancourt was a quiet place used by field ambulances in 1916, but at the end of March 1918, it was captured by the Germans. Morlancourt British Cemetery No. 1 contains 75 burials of which 4 are unidentified.
Morlancourt British Cemetery No. 2
The village of Morlancourt was a quiet place used by field ambulances in 1916, but at the end of March 1918, it was captured by the Germans. Morlancourt British Cemetery No. 2 contains 56 burials of which 2 are unidentified.
Ville-sur-Ancre Communal Cemetery Extension was begun in August 1918 by the 12th Division Burial Officer, and after the Armistice graves were brought in from the battlefields of the Somme and the Ancre. The cemetery contains 106 U.K. burials of which 54 are unidentified.
Field ambulances used Dernancourt Communal Cemetery for Commonwealth burials from September 1915 to August 1916, and again during the German advance of March 1918. XV Corps Main Dressing Station was formed at Dernancourt in August 1916, when the adjoining Dernancourt Communal Cemetery Extension was opened. Total burials 2,167.
Visit our World War Two Blog