Pont-de-Nieppe Communal Cemetery
More pictures added to Pont-de-Nieppe Communal Cemetery, courtesy of Werner Van Caneghem. Pont-De-Nieppe Communal Cemetery was used by Commonwealth field ambulances and fighting units from October 1914 to March 1918, by German troops during the summer of 1918, and by Commonwealth troops again in September-November 1918. The German graves were later removed to the adjoining German cemetery. The cemetery now contains 135 Commonwealth burials of the First World War, 11 of them unidentified. There are also two Second World War burials dating from May 1940.
Leave a Reply.
Visit our World War Two Blog