Designed by Ian B. Hamilton, the 9th Scottish Division Memorial was unveiled on the 9th April 1922. Its original location was in the middle of the Arras-Douai road but its visit became dangerous because of heavy traffic. It was moved in 2006 and placed in front of Point-du-Jour Military Cemetery where many men of the 9th Scottish Division finally rest. The 30 feet high Cairn, built from blocks of granite, bears the Battle Honours of the Division during the Great War. Twenty-six granite boulders bears the name of units which served in the Division in 1915-1918.
Leave a Reply.
Visit our World War Two Blog