Villers-Plouich was captured in April 1917, by the 13th East Surreys, lost in March 1918 and regained at the end of the following September, when the 1st East Surreys were the first troops to enter the village. It was later "adopted" by the Borough of Wandsworth. There are 51, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in Sunken Road Cemetery, Villers-Plouich, of these, 3 are unidentified.
Leave a Reply.
Visit our World War Two Blog