Villers-Plouich was captured in April, 1917, by the 13th East Surreys; lost in March, 1918; and regained at the end of the following September, when the 1st East Surreys were the first troops to enter the village. It was later "adopted" by the Borough of Wandsworth. There are now 53, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in Villers-Plouich Communal Cemetery.
Leave a Reply.
Visit our World War Two Blog